Founded in 2002, Cook started with just 5 employees in Oregon and $50k in revenue. Fast forward to date and Cook Security Group (“CSG”) now employees 250+ employees Nationally and is on pace to surpass $50 million in revenue.
Cook Security Group was created out of the bankruptcy of former security giant, Mosler. Brian Cook was the General Manager of Mosler’s OR branch and after their demise, several customers begged Cook to still take care of their service. They shared that it wasn’t Mosler, but his “make it happen” attitude and approach that was the reason they did business with him. After taking out a $50k loan and putting everything he had on the line, Cook Security Group was born! Between Cook’s 250 employees and national network of value-added resellers, Cook provides security and technology coverage for the entire continental United States.
Cook’s primary business lines are security and technology-based, investing heavily into remote managed services of all types of electronic equipment including Alarms, ATMs, Video, Access Control, and managed service lines like video monitoring, case management, analytics reporting, cybersecurity, vulnerability testing and much more. Roughly 80% of Cook’s clientele are financial institutions (over 500 and 18,000 branches) with the remaining 20% in the large commercial and data center space. Cook’s online Cook Command Center interface allows customers to view their equipment, reports, service call history, projects, case management, and much more anywhere, anytime, from any device. Cook has also the leader in the new Interactive Teller deployment which is reshaping banking. In fact, Cook is hitting a rapid growth curve once again with two patent-pending services to combat anti ATM skimming and cybersecurity.
In addition to leading technology, what makes Cook a spectacular company to work for is its fantastic employees. With 92% retention rate, they attract the best and most enthusiastic employees with a “we make it happen” attitude as the common denominator.