Let’s face it. Like Halloween, it’s a scary landscape out there.
Cyber-attacks, ransomware, data breach, at-risk equipment, end-of-life sunset dates. It’s never-ending, flat out terrifying, and the FBI recently released Ransomware becoming increasingly targeted & costly.
Needless to say, we’ve received a spike in requests from customers to perform our Equipment Compliance Assessments. These assessments are to identify risk and help build a plan for FI’s to be more secure.
Critical points of review include:
- Blindspot identification. CSG identifies what are often ‘blind spots’ to an institution. The compliance assessment is a detailed report including end of life notices, obsolete at-risk equipment, and recommendations.
- Build a 2-3 year protection plan. While not all end of life sunsets & security risks are immediate, Some recommendations do involve a one-time Capex investment to upgrade based on obsolete, end of life, or out of date equipment. We strongly recommend building a 2-3 year action plan.
- Utilize automation, AI, and machine learning to protect. Most of CSG’s recommendations are tied to an ongoing Opex protection plan using automation and remote technologies to protect against cyber-attacks, ransomware, and other crippling threats to your institution.
- Risk review meeting. CSG recommends scheduling a risk review meeting with all departments effected, including executives who hold the roles of Chief Security Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Technology Officer and many times the entire Executive team.
- Assessment at no charge for CSG Customers. If you are a CSG customer, we are taking a proactive approach and will provide Compliance Assessments on all equipment we service or maintain.
If you are interested in learning more, contact us here: