Update on Coronavirus from
Cook Security Group 3-17-20
In an ongoing effort to communicate with our Valued Customers, Cook Security Group will continue to provide updates in regards to the coronavirus. Our latest updates are below:
- We implemented a task force last week to support our Business Continuity Plan, to collect and disseminate all new information, CDC recommendations & share with all our employees.
- All non-operational employees are now working remotely.
- We have adjusted our NOC (Network Operations Center) to adhere to the 6’ distance policy and are disinfecting multiple times a day.
- Staff follows these guidelines on proper cleaning of high touch areas including ATMs, ITMs, & other high touch areas.
- All non-essential travel has been postponed.
- All shared labor between offices has been limited to critical projects only.
- Our CEO continues to send multiple communications daily stressing the importance of the CDC’s recommendations of hygiene and social distancing.
As stated below, we continue to utilize as many Remote Managed Service lines as possible, including our RemoteView ATM line, RemoteView Surveillance line, and RemoteView Alarm & Access Control management. Using our RemoteView line allows us to diagnose, fix, service, & protect as much as possible remotely. In the event you do not have remote managed services and would like to discuss adding them or accessing our Cook Command Center, please .
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions.
Cook Security Group